Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 6: 6 months from now I will possibly/probably be in great shape.

I'm really starting to enjoy exercising. In fact, I may be bordering on obsession. At lunch breaks, I browse fitness websites, and read "Runner's World" magazine (because I'm such an athlete, right?); I pack ridiculously healthy lunches, and I look forward to my workout each day. I've gotta say, this may be the happiest I've been in a long time. I feel healthier, more alive; I enjoy the workdays, rather than just "get through" them...I feel extremely motivated.
----------------------------------------------------------
So motivated, in fact, that I have decided to start training for a half marathon this summer and a 10K this spring. I think that, for once, I may actually be healthy for my birthday, a change in pace from my usual bloated birthday bod.
---------------------------------------------------------
I've also decided to cut down on toxins in a bigger way than just quitting smoking- I'm going to try not to drink until our family vacation in February and then afterwards, quit drinking while training for the summer/spring marathons.
----------------------------------------------------------
All in all, its been a good week. I feel refreshed and very motivated to be as healthy as possible. I know that there's a skinny, fit, runner-biotch in here somewhere. I've just gotta find her. (*And tell her to "get the hell out here!")

No comments:

Post a Comment