Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 1: Nature is my drug

Monday morning. 6:07am. Before my morning shower, I begrudgingly step onto the scale, still groggy as a sleep-walker. 156lbs. Wait, what?! Four el-bees lost since last week?! This can't be! BMI: 25.4; a difference of .4 since last week. And, embarassingly, a tear of joy is shed.
Noticeable changes: My arms. Its the only major physical change I can see so far; they appear slightly slimmer and more toned. (*Note: I actually started my gym membership in mid-October, so I've actually been working out for a month now.) My skin also appears healthier; I don't know, glowy? Sort of.
Surprises: I actually feel full at every meal. I've been focusing on eating lots more fruits and veggies (even though I'm usually pretty good about getting my greens). For dinner tonight? A heaping serving of green beans with garlic butter and half a pack of veggie-medley rice-a-roni.
----------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday I went for a looong walk on the trails at Hemlock Crossing. I had never been out there, but have been wanting to give it a try. I just walked and walked and absorbed the nature; it literally made me feel like I was on drugs. All these thoughts were just unleashed and I said to myself, "if i can get out here just once a week, I'll be just fine." Cheesy? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment