Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week 2: Maybe I've been living alone too long, but the maintenance guy (Don) is looking pretty good.

Wednesday evening. 7:07pm. You may be wondering why I've waited so long to blog about my second week (or maybe you're just kinda indifferent) so I will be honest. Sunday evening when I came home from my 5-day binge of Thanksgiving food (aka Tofurkey and Mama's other homemade goodies) I stepped my bloated butt onto the scale: 159!!! [insert tuba sound effect here] I had gained! So I ignored it, and went on with my week, knowing that it was just some kind of freaky scale error. Flashing forward to tonight: 155. BMI an even 25. Say what?! Holla! The 4 pounds of tofurkey that I had consumed over the weekend must've finally digested.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the weekend I did a 4.5-mile trail run with my dad, sister and Aunt Nancy. Although it was a pain in the ass (and thighs, lungs, lower back and pretty much every other area of my body) I felt extremely confident in myself that I had done the whole thing. The following day I went on a short jog with my sister, and since then I've noticed that my stamina for cardio has gone up. I'm doing 45 minutes cardio (30 treadmill, 15 elliptical) and 30 minutes weight training. I can actually run without feeling like I'm dying! But the strength in my arms has gone down a bit. I figure its probably some side effect of slowly getting into better shape.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Awkward gym moment: on Monday I finished my reps at an ab machine and proceeded to stand there, completely zoned out for the better part of 2 minutes. (I was probably planning out what to make for dinner, but who can remember). Suddenly I realized a handsome married man (aka: DILF) was asking "are you done with this?!" (referring to the machine) and who knows how many times he had to ask before I awakened from my brief standing-coma. I mumbled something and walked away a little faster than a person should in such a casual setting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I've started working out, I've been sleeping like a hybernating bear (and if you know me, you know that I have no problem falling asleep). I've been sleeping heavier than ever and have been going to bed at 9:30 to ensure that I don't sleep in for work in the morning. This, however, has been interrupted by my noisy, partying neighbors whose music literally shakes the walls of my bedroom. I finally called the 24-hour maintenance line to give a noise complaint last night and the nice little cutie named Don stopped by to make sure he got the correct apartment. Henceforth, the title of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment