Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 3: Weekend Weakness...

Wednesday evening. 6:30pm. Once again, I'm terrified to step on that damn scale. Results? 156lbs. BMI 25.2.
So, not terrible...not great. But I'm not getting down on myself about reeking havoc on my body over the weekend with wine and crab Rangoons. I'm a new woman now. A woman who has occasional slip-ups with her diet and exercise regimen and doesn't punish herself over it, but instead begins each day fresh. (**I'm repeating this mantra over and over to myself until I really follow through).
Back to the weekend. (Because its coming up fast, ya know, and you better be ready this time, Moloney!) I've come to realize that weekends are my weakness. Eat healthy? I can do that. I know what foods are good for you in what ways and how to effectively use portion control. Smoking? Done. Sure, I may crave an occasional social cig, but it doesn't need to control the outcome of my night (or day) anymore. I've realized how happy my lungs are when they aren't filled with toxic, black smoke ("I've got the black lung, pop." *cough, cough*). Exercise? Loving every minute of it. Not only can I feel my body getting stronger and healthier, but I'm beginning to feel better about myself with each jog, pull-up, and hip abduction.
Its those darned weekends that kill me. So I'm taking a stand against weekends. Now I don't mean that I'm going to sabotage any ounce of fun or relaxation that comes into my life, but I just know that I need to have better control over my weekend doings. If I can be a healthy, happy, motivated person during the week, then there's no reason I should need to medicate my weekends with television marathons, greasy food, and booze. I need to find within myself a greater sense of self-worth and self-respect. If I allow myself to keep falling into my usual weekend alter-ego of sloppy, lazy, hungover blob then this whole goal clearly means nothing to me. If I can be a productive, energetic, motivated person instead, then I'm fairly certain I will be a happier, healthier person in the long run. After all, what are weekends for but to motivate you through the following week?
We'll see how this goes...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a brighter note:
Current obsessions =
-Nivea skin-firming lotion,
-ants-on-a-log (I know, very elementary. But I recently added this little snack to my lunch and I'm obsessed all over again! Its the perfect combination of sweet, salty, crunchy and creamy),
-SELF magazine (great motivation!),
-Nonni's biscottis (only about 100 cals a piece; I've been eating them with tea for dessert and its the perfect end to my stressful day), and
-Healthy Choice entrees (only $2 a piece and great tasting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment